The OpenStack Networking service provides a scalable system for managing the network connectivity within an OpenStack cloud deployment. It can easily and quickly react to changing network needs (for example, creating and assigning new IP addresses).
Networking in OpenStack is complex. This section provides the basic instructions for creating a network and a router. For detailed information about managing networks, refer to the OpenStack Cloud Administrator Guide.
CREATE A NETWORK AND SUBNET VIA THE CLI
- Create Network:
2) Create a Subnet:
The subnet-create command has the following positional and optional parameters:
- The name or ID of the network to which the subnet belongs.
- In this example, net1 is a positional argument that specifies the network name.
- The CIDR of the subnet.
- In this example, 192.168.2.0/24 is a positional argument that specifies the CIDR.
- The subnet name, which is optional.
- In this example, –name subnet1 specifies the name of the subnet.
For information and examples on more advanced use of neutron’s subnet subcommand, see the Cloud Administrator Guide.
CREATE A ROUTER VIA THE CLI
- Create a Router:
- Link the router to the external provider network:
Link the router to the subnet: