Today, got up with idea how to stop snapshots in particular environment, which is possible by altering the “snapshot.maxSnapshots” parameter of a virtual machine
Before you can disable snapshots, you will have to first delete any existing snapshots or consolidate them if you are sure that you require the changes.
To disable snapshots of a VMware Virtual Machine, perform the below:
- Power down the virtual machine from vSphere Web Client.
- Right-click the virtual machine in the vSphere Web Client and click Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab, click General, then select the Configuration Parametersoption.
- Click Add Row. Type these values in the Name and Value columns:
snapshot.MaxSnapshots – 0
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Power on the virtual machine.
Now if you trying taking a snapshot of the Virtual Machine, you will be presented with the error stating that you have exceeded the maximum number of permitted snapshots as seen below.
A general system error occurred: Exceeded the maximum number of permitted snapshots.
I hope this has been informative and thank you for reading!